Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Writing Job

I have been searching for a work-at-home job for months. Even before I had baby Jay I was looking. I love to type, I basically type in my sleep and I also live for writing. I started writing on this blog and then I started doing reviews for money through PayPerPost. After signing up with Helium and getting somewhat of a portfolio together on their site, I signed up on GetAFreelancer. At first I was really bummed that you had to bid on jobs. I'm not too great with self confidence and I have not been writing articles for long so I never thought that I would get picked for a job.

Then I came upon an offer from STM Writing Solutions. The owner offered me a position and I have been with them ever since. My boss is super sweet and is such an easy person to work with. She is a refreshing alternative to the people that I have worked for in the past. I love that I can be at home with Jay and still make a decent living. Jake and I are hoping to get our own place sometime but we could not do it just on his salary alone. I have made more working for STM in just 3 days time, than I ever did working in retail.

It can be very scary to commit yourself to a job on the internet. There are so many scams out there and you have to super careful. I have never understood the concept of paying to do a job. It sounds ridiculous. There are no fees to join STM. You do need to have some kind of writing skills and a strong drive for deadlines. However, I have found that my writing skills have been improving since working for this company. The owner is working on the site right now so excuse it's construction. If you live for writing as much as I do, then head on over to STM Writing Solutions and fill out an application. You will not be disappointed!

No comments: