Friday, October 26, 2007

Rain DrOpS Falling On My Head

Jayden is still teething super bad. No tooth has come through yet but it's on the horizon. He woke up crying at 2:30AM this morning for the first time in a while and then after getting his passy he went right back to sleep. He only slept for about 2 hours at a time after that. We tried him on cereal again the other day and he broke out again in that strange rash around his neck that smelled like yeast so we're thinking he might be allergic to the cereal. We gave him "chiquita" bananas today and after 2 attempts he finally decided it was OK. No sign of rash from the bananas yet. He will be 4 months on the third. I can't believe I was carrying him in my stomach last year at this time. I think last year on this weekend was when we announced that I was pregnant. It's funny how time flies by. Jayden has advanced from the bassinet part of his playpen into the actual playpen now. I don't think he knows quite what to think being able to see what's going on around him in there. I can't wait until he's able to sit up and play with his toys inside of it.
Last weekend I went to the Zimmerman Winery with Clarke for her 21st birthday. It was rustic because it was in the country but at the same time it was very cozy and classy. If you want to get away for an afternoon and taste some good wine then I recommend it. The owners made you feel right at home. Plus, it was gorgeous, especially right now with the fall colors. We learned so much about wine that I never knew.
After months with NO RAIN, the heavens finally opened up and drenched us to the bone. I think it's been raining for 3 days straight now. I'm not complaining because we surely needed it considering how low our water situation was getting. It's so ironic that California is having to battle fire and we will probably need a boat before too long. Supposedly this cold weather is going to stay. I really hope so because I put all of my summer clothes up and got all of my winter stuff out. I always look forward to wearing sweaters but I'm happy to see Spring when it gets here.


"You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry. Don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way."

~ Walter Hagen

No comments: