Friday, November 23, 2007

OOPS! She did it again!

I have been meaning to harp about this for a while now but kept getting distracted with my freebies.

**Excuse me a moment while I step onto my soap box**

Is it just me, or is anyone else interested in this Britney Spears stuff? I keep seeing related topics about her everywhere and it's hard for me not to read them. I, myself, have never cared much for the girl. I always knew she was not as innocent as she was playing up to be. The only thing that I've been able to relate with her about lately is us both being mothers. According to all of the therapists who have been interviewed about Brit, she is going through postpartum, which I myself have been going through ever since I had Jayden. Now, don't get me wrong, I am NOT going off on drinking adventures or speeding through red lights. However, I really feel that her doing these immature things is her way of finding herself.
As far as her not having custody of her children: I don't think it would be best if she's doing it alone(and no, her 20 something year old cousin does not count). I cannot image having a social services' person there with me 24 hours a day to monitor my mothering. That would just add to the depression so I don't know how Britney hasn't went off the deep end already. To be honest, I really think her mother should have came home to rescue her a long time ago. I'm sure she knew what was going on early from all of the publicity but she did not come to her daughter's side until late in the game.
Well, now the press sharks are at it again. This just out: Britney had skeletons in her closet back in her Mickey Mouse days(big suprise). US Mag. says that Brit's grandmother committed suicide at age 33 on the grave of her infant son(they should NOT be using her dead grandmother against her). Also, Brit lost her virginity at age 14. Britney's lawyer back in her teen years said that her virginity was a PR Ploy for young girls(and their mother's) to approve of her. You can read this article here
The weird thing is that she's being compared to Anna Nicole; Anna and Britney both have/had the same attorneys.
I saw an interview of Julia Robert's the other day and when they asked her what her opinion was of Britney she said that she wished that she could move Britney into her Guest House, take care of her, and then tell her "OK this is the way it's going to be". That might not be a bad idea...

No comments: