Monday, May 19, 2008

My Baby at 8 weeks

I just got this in my Inbox for my 8th week of pregnancy:

Your baby is now 5/8 of an inch long, about the size of a kidney bean. New this week: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from your baby's hands and feet, his eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. His arms have lengthened, too, and his hands are now flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart. His knee joints have formed, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.

Why do they keep referring to the little peanut as "he"?? Pshhh

Anyways, we watched Juno the other day, which is an awesome movie by the way. She decides not to have an abortion because she finds out that her baby has fingernails. FINGERNAILS! How awesome is that?! If it is a little girl I would totally paint her nails right now. I keep seeing little girl clothes everywhere, which I would love to buy. But, I'm not getting my hopes up, and I would love to have another son, especially if he is as cute as Jayden.

I realized that I havn't spoken much about my pregnancy, besides the fact that I'm completely nauseous and my stomach is growing at a rapid rate. There is really not much to tell. Everyone thinks I'm having a girl this time, because my hips are getting extremely wide and I'm carrying much higher than I was with Jayden. I do feel different this time. Maybe it is because I'm not working close to 7 days a week like I was last year. If you are totally frustrated with your dead end job like I was, then you should work from home like me. I love it!

I think people are a little worried about how to approach the fact that I'm pregnant. They are not really sure if I am happy, so they do not know if they should say Congrats. Well, I will tell everyone right now that it was not planned. I mean, I'm not that insane...well maybe a little. But, in truth, it happened. We cannot change it, and we are really excited and a little scared at the same time. An added benefit is that we know what to expect and that we are more mature than we were last year. We have been through a lot, and Jake has had the biggest improvement.

I think a lot of people are also wondering when we are going to stop having kids and if we are going to continue after this one since we are so young. Well for starters, they will not tie the tubes of any woman at the age of 21, even though I never had that idea in my head. Just so everyone knows, we plan on having a large family. Jake is from a large family and I'm not, but we have both agreed that we want more than 2. Jake actually wants 5..gasp..yes I'm serious. We have a long time to have kids, and I'm sure we'll try not to have another one so quickly after this one. I just feel blessed that God gave me the opportunity to have children. My Mom could only have me, and even though I am SO thankful that I was the only child(I hate sharing), she regrets not being able to have more.

I do need to share this hilarious story with everyone: The other day Jake, Jayden, and I walked to the mailbox, which is at the commons area since we live in an apartment complex. There's this old man that lives in one of the buildings and he often talks to himself, but he always seems lonely so I always speak to him. Well he said hey and I said hello back, and then he says "where'd you gain all that weight, you weren't that big when you moved in". I wish I had been more quick to think and say something totally smart, but instead I simply said "I'm pregnant". I'm just glad I'm pregnant or I would have really had my feelings hurt :)

No comments: